Undergraduate Eligibility and Selection Criteria
The program is open to residents and citizens of Sub-Saharan African countries. Students must be first-time applicants to MSU. Transfer students are not eligible for the program.
- Strong academic performance to date in secondary school suggesting continued academic success as an undergraduate student.
- An interest in and capacity for give-back, evidenced by commitment and engagement outside the classroom in the school and/or community.
- Manifest ethical behavior and strong character essential to joining The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Network.
- Ability to deal with change, uncertainty, and adversity, as well as interest in other countries and cultures, necessary to succeed as a student overseas and represent one’s home country in this role.
- Significant financial need and/or from lowest income bracket in country of origin.
- Commitment to give back in ways that enhance the economic growth and social development of Africa.
Download Scholarship Application Forms
- In order to apply for the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at Michigan State University, you MUST first apply to MSU and arrange to have required supporting materials forwarded to the University. To apply visit: www.beaspartan.msu.edu. For more information on application requirements go to: www.admissions.msu.edu/admission/international_requirements.asp.
IMPORTANT: Be sure to save your Applicant ID and password during the MSU application process. You will need your Applicant ID to complete the MCF Scholarship Application.
- Only students admitted to Michigan State University will be considered for this scholarship. To maximize consideration, apply early and ensure that the University receives all required admission application materials by February 1, 2013.
To monitor the status of your application for admission you can log in to your personalized online student portal at www.beaspartan.msu.edu with your MSU Applicant ID and password.
- Complete this undergraduate student scholarship application and email it as an attachment (Word document or scanned copy) to email@example.com no later than February 15, 2013.
If submitting a hand-written scholarship application, ensure the document and scanned copy are clearly legible.
- Provide a copy of the MCF Recommendation Form to an appropriate individual per the form instructions. Have your recommender complete this form and email it as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than February 15, 2013.